Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's Wednesday!!! (August 26th 2015)

Wow,  where is this week going?  Work has been busy (which I will take any day) life after work
has been busy, and the year has flown!  It's crazy how fast time flies by.  I have been told numerous times "oh just wait,  it gets faster as you get older".  I'm sure at some point in your life you have either been told that, or have told someone that.  Why is this?  Why does time seem to change, and evolve, and move on in a different way the older you get?  Technically it never changes.  You have 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week.  And yet, it seems to keep going by faster.  Weird.  Perhaps it's because we get so caught up in the hustle that we stop being thankful for the little moments in life. For example,  this evening after work I had a goal set in my mind for what all I wanted to get packed.  I find myself getting tired,  so I'm hurrying just to get it done (p.s. have I ever mentioned I HATE moving?!?!) and I turn around with a plate in my hand to wrap and pack, and this is what I see:



My first response (I'm ashamed to admit) was frustration.  Here I am,  trying to get done packing so I can relax for a bit before working on dinner and there is Milo. Right where I need to be. On the paper I need.  I take a deep breath and realize, wait a minute.  I need to take a lesson from Milo.  I need to stop and appreciate the fact that, while yes, I have things I need to accomplish......  I need to stop and "smell the roses".  This is the perfect opportunity to stop what I'm doing,  stop complaining about how much I don't like moving, and laugh.  Enjoy my cat, and his antics. Be thankful for the fact that I have stuff (and a lot of it) to have to pack and move.  So.  Today,  I'm thankful.  That's it.  I choose to be thankful, for everyone, everything, and every moment in my life.

Ok,  on to my OOTD:



I love the colors in this dress, and I find the style quite flattering! This dress is by IGIGI,  and I got it through Gwynnie Bee's try and buy program.  I got it and just couldn't bare to send this beauty back so I bought it!  You can see the details for it here.  I don't remember where I got the shoes,  but I have had them FOREVER, and they are only now almost to the point where I can wear them without them rubbing my heals raw! Lol

My FOTD I'm actually really excited with how it turned out! I got in a new eye shadow pallet and just had to utilize  it today!  The Urban Decay Electric pallet!!!  Look at these colors!


For today's look I used "Jilted" for the main colors, and "Revolt" on the inside corners of my eyes. I blended with some soft browns from my Kat Von D Monarch pallet. These colors are absolutely amazing!  I think they look gorgeous in this photo,  but let me assure you -- they are so much prettier in real life!  I can't decide which colors to use tomorrow.....  I'm thinking "Urban"  or maybe "Slowburn".  Hmmmm......

Anyway,  here is how my look turned out today:




Full product list:

-Younique Divine Moisturizer
-Younique Glorious Face and Eye Primer
-Younique Touch Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation -- Chiffon
-Younique Beachfront Bronzer-- "Sunset"
-NARS Blush in "Orgasm
-Eyebrows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz -- "Taupe
-Eyeshadow is mainly the Urban Decay "Electric Pallet" and blended with
-Top Eyeliner – Younique Precision Pencil -- "Proper"
-Bottom Eyeliner, Water Line Younque Precision Pencil -- Pristine . Under Lashes -- Proper.
-Mascara is Too Faced "Better ThanSex" mascara
-False Lashes are KISS, seriously-- inexpensive, and so comfortable!  
-Lips are Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in "Lolita"
 
What do you think? Did I do as good as I think I did?
 
XOXO  

No comments:

Post a Comment